What we collect:
We gather and keep information you provide via our digital properties and in our stores.
This information includes:
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Email address
- Card number and other payment data
- Your member ID
In certain scenarios, we may also collect such things as:
- Driver’s license number, Social Security Number, location information, lifestyle and demographic and information, Medical and health insurance information, fingerprints, survey responses.
- Information you give us about others
Name and address of a gift recipient, or the name or contact details of someone who comes to pick items for you at a store. We use this data for the specific reason you provide.
- Information from other sources
This includes third parties that assists us expand, update and analyze our identity and records of new customers, and give products and services that may interest you.
- Information collected automatically online
- Your browsing behavior on our website
- MAC address
- IDFA, a randomly generated number)s.
- The type of browser or device you’re using
- Your IP address
- The URLs of the websites you visited prior to visiting our site
We may allow third-party service providers to gather and process information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers or some interest-based advertisers.
- Location information
Some of the digital properties that we have may gather your location to help you search for one of our stores, use special mobile functionality within some of these stores, or provide you with assisting messaging in our mobile app. We also use this information to ascertain whether to provide you with information, content and notices that may be needed by law based on your location.
realgeeks.org has no control over your device’s configurations.
- Store cameras
Our stores may use cameras for operational purposes, such as measuring traffic patterns, asset protection and securing and improving our business.
- Reviews and other content you provide
Our websites offer publicly read blogs or community platforms. Anyone who accesses these areas may collect, read or use the information you provide.
How we use the information we collect:
- To customize your experience by recognizing you on our digital properties
- Fulfilling requests and orders for services, products or information
- Processing returns, refunds and exchanges
- Tracking online orders
- Delivering and installing items
- Advertising/Marketing products and services
- Doing research and analysis
- Managing our realgeeks.org Credit Card program, including card usage and service
- Identifying and preventing fraud and other illegal activity
- Complying with valid legal necessities, contractual obligations, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
How we share your information
realgeeks.org does not share your personal information for monetary gains. We share your information with parties to perform services for:
- Delivering packages and fulfilling orders
- Scheduling and performing product installations
- Providing technical support and customer care
- Sending marketing communications and advertising services
- Personalizing the customer experience
- For subscription services
- For research and analysis
- Credit card payments
- Detecting fraud and illegal activities
How we protect your information?
We use different security measures designed to safeguard the confidentiality of your information.
Protecting children’s privacy
We do not purposely collect or solicit personal details from children under 13 years of age without the consent from their parents. If we know that we have collected such information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete it.
Social media features
Our website comprises procedures to share and interact on social media via features such as a “share this” button or “thumbs up” button or other interactive programs that run therein. These features may collect your IP address of the page visited on our website and may set cookies to enhance the function properly.